20 July 2011

Exercise & Breath

Do you pay attention to the way you breathe? Do you stop, feel the breath slowly enter your mouth, slide down your throat, and fill your lungs? And then reverse?

I have to admit, I don't usually think about the way I'm breathing unless I'm trying to do yoga or calm myself down. When I'm doing any other kind of exercises, the most I do is pant in exhaustion. But this morning I read an interesting article on Live Strong, which had some useful information on different breathing techniques to remember when exercising and when's the best time to use each one. 

If you like to exercise, be sure to check it out and put it into practice. If you're lazy like me, then you should just read it over so that you can pretend you exercise during all those water cooler discussions at work.

No comments: