20 January 2009

Wash, Rinse, Repeat

Today is the first day of a new semester. Goals? 4.0 GPA, not to fall behind on reading, try to apply for a summer internship, figure out what the hell I want to do with my life, finish writing movie script with Adam, write another novel (but a better one this time), make time to see friends but not get wrapped up in social obligations. Wish me luck, and good luck to anyone else beginning classes today or sometime soon!! If you believe you can do something, then it is in your power to do it. "...And I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong..." -Into the Wild Edit: And, not five minutes after my optimistic entry, do I hear that the 5 trains are experiencing signal problems and there will be delays. There goes my optimism, as I now rush to get all my books together and catch an earlier train, and hopefully still make it to class on time.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Chris,
Wow, you do have a lot planned for this semester! Good for you. I start school next week. This long break is most welcome!
Good wishes as you pursue your goals.
Mary

Betty Ming Liu said...

Hey Chris,
Good luck with the new semester -- and I know that you'll do amazing things.
(Btw, I can't even imagine what a 4.0 feels like. But if you ever want to know what a 1.0 feels like, I can describe that...)
And love the dark background on this blog. So mysterious and inviting!
~Betty.