02 August 2012

Good Intentions

I don't think I've mentioned it on this blog yet, but my brother is going to Disney World too, although unfortunately not at the same time as Todd and I. He left this morning, before I even woke up (and that says a lot, because I wake up at 4:30 a.m.). I didn't expect him to leave so early, and didn't even get a chance to give him the "care package" I'd made for him and his girlfriend: a copy of the fact book I've been posting from to give them some reading on the plane, some emergency band-aids, some hand sanitizer, and a small packet of tissues. I felt really sad that I missed the opportunity to give it to them, and I regret even more that I didn't get a chance to wish them a good time. I texted them when I woke up, but it just wasn't the same. But he did leave behind a box of poptarts (he bought about a dozen for the trip), and I like to think he left them behind for me. (That's highly doubtful, but I'll pretend.) I guess I'll still give them the care package when they come home and they can read the facts afterward haha.

Because I didn't post yesterday, here are two facts for today:

"Disney employs more than 600 horticulture professionals who plant more than 3 million annuals on the property each year and care for 4,000 acres of gardens and landscapes. That's nearly five times the size of New York City's Central Park!"


"Love roses? Almost 13,000 of them can be found at WDW throughout the year."

(Little-Known Facts about Well-Known Places: Walt Disney World, Laurie Flannery)

2 comments:

the walking man said...

Of course he left those pop tarts for you! Wishes made from theheart are felt in the heart being wished for.

How many gallons of fresh water does WDW use per day?

Chris said...

LOL I imagine a lot. My fact book doesn't say anything about that, although it does say that 78 million Coca-Cola products are consumed on the property annually haha.