13 September 2009

Uh Oh, Sore Throat

With the big swine flu scare and the normal flu making its rounds, I’m taking every precaution that I can to keep from getting sick.  When I woke up this morning with a slight sore throat, I knew the battle was really on.  Check out these four ways I’m trying to keep illness and bay, and maybe start employing these strategies daily to ward off infection before it sets in:

1) Bulk up my body on vitamins.  I don’t like taking pill vitamin, so I’m drinking a whole lot of orange juice, water with lemon, and eating lots of orange/yellow fruits and veggies. 

2) Gargling.  Either with salt and warm water or with Listerine, gargling helps to kill the germs lodged in the back of my throat.  Twice a day is the common prescription.

3) Engaging in non-stressful activities, or trying my best not to get stressed out by what’s going on around me.

4) Honestly believing that I am not sick, and that this is a minor setback, which will be gone shortly.

 

Be healthy!

No comments: