23 March 2011

Chakras

Since Wednesdays are supposed to be my New Age posting days, I've decided I'm going to start a Wednesday chakra series. I'll introduce you to chakras and, over the next few weeks, give you a little bit of information about each one. I know a lot of readers are probably going to be skeptical about chakras, but give these posts a chance anyway and, even if you don't believe in them, hopefully you can at least learn something about them. 

Photo from: http://www.seeingthelight.org/?tag=chakras
The word "chakra" comes from the Sanskrit word for "wheel" or "disk," representing the supposed shape of the six energy centers of the body, located in the spinal column and branching out from there. Each chakra, represented by a different color, manages a different type of energy - physical, emotional, mental. New Age practitioners believe that the chakras can be "balanced" so that they are all spinning in the same direction at the same time. When a chakra becomes imbalanced, physical symptoms begin to manifest from the inner energy turmoil.

1 comment:

Monkey Man said...

Very succinctly put. I firmly believe in a balanced combination of eastern and western medicine. I know I feel better when my body has balance.